Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Contradictions

Karen oftentimes will call me goofy.  In fact, she uses myriad words to inform me of my goofiness, and there's only one to which I object.  There is no doubt that my demeanor bears a passing resemblance to Dr. Sheldon Cooper, although by no means am I as intelligent as he is.

My quirks aren't as obsure as Dr. Cooper's.  I admit they're not in the mainstream, but I'm not sufficiently intelligent from a scientific or technological standpoint to be that far out of the mainstream. Then again, perhaps because I do need idiot-friendly software I'm that far out of the mainstream.

Either way, here then are my quirks, both little and small:

I eat my dinners in order, from the vegetables and potatoes to the meat.  Meat is always last.

I read when I pump gas.

I don't really care all that much for pro football but love the draft and college football.



I speak Spanish and lived in Spain but went to a French-affiliated law school instead of the Spanish-affiliated law school.

I can't remember jokes or lyrics but I can remember sports statistics.

I dribbled better left-handed than right-handed even though I'm right-handed.

I'd rather use a map than a GPS.

I hate cellphones.

No matter what the weather, I have to sleep with something covering me.

I segregate my books according to type, not alphabetically.  But I alphabetize within each grouping.

I can throw and bat left-handed, but I can't eat, brush my teeth or comb my hair left-handed.

I don't consider style when buying shoes, just comfort.

I prefer watches and clocks with Roman numerals.

I don't like squared cars.

I spell it grey instead of gray.

I don't like wet bread.

I'm not a small man yet my handwriting's like a girl's.

I can't eat cooked eggs but can bake with them.

I love fruit and I love meat, but I don't like them mixed.

I like watermelon, but not cantaloupe or any other melons.

I love chocolate but not hard candy or gum.

My printing is less legible than my handwriting.

I don't mind flying but I'm not keen about rollercoasters.

(c) 2013 The Truxton Spangler Chronicles








No comments:

Post a Comment