Thursday, May 2, 2013

Random thoughts, the beat goes on

It's a day for random thoughts:

Just what is a Tilda Swinton?

It's amazing how many times I use Potter Stewart's description of obscenity -- I know it when I see it -- when it comes to other things.

Has Brent Musberger stopped calling Tyrann Mathieu the Honey Badger willingly or did Katherine Webb distract him off of it.  Either way, he's gotten far too creepy.

Hot dogs are fun to eat.  Too bad they're not good for you.

Abraham Lincoln was a complicated man, but hardly of presidential timber when he was practicing law.  We should read more biographies of our presidents to see just how human they really are.

Summer is here this week.  Somehow we've seemed to skip right over Spring.  Would that Autumn did as Summer's done and make an early entrance.

I still can't believe how bad a book Storied Stadiums was.

I'm hooked on Sudoku again.  Blame Lisbeth Sander.

Carolyn Moos, meet Brad Paisley.

It amazes me how people can have such divergent views on books, especially ones that are non-fiction and deal with very narrow topics.

Either Mrs. Tsarnaev is nuts or she's in on it.

There are far too many hokey singing competitions on television.

It's creepy to watch entertainment reporters try to make it seem like they're journalists.  They're really nothing more than glorified stalkers.

I admit it:  I'm a nerd.  I love The Big Bang Theory.

Dinner tonight may be chicken and quesadillas.  Not chicken quesadillas.

I wish teaching paid more.  And writing.

Baseball really belongs in the Olympics.  Trampoline really doesn't.

There is no better board game than chess.

Ansel Adams is my favorite photographer.

I think I really came from a different era.

Women shouldn't have to wear high heels.

What is it with Asian drivers?

I miss Spain.

One of these days I'll read more than seventy-nine books in a year.  That's my record.

I marvel at people who can compose music.

The fascination people still have with Elvis and Michael Jackson just confuses me.

(c) 2013 The Truxton Spangler Chronicles

No comments:

Post a Comment