Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Random Thoughts, Redux

A wild weekend away in Kentucky has kept me out of the loop for many stories, so I'm going to mail it in and post some things that I've been pondering while driving the back roads and by-ways of Ohio and Kentucky:

Putting mixed candies and chocolates in the same bowl ruins the chocolates.

People who merge in whenever they see a sliver of daylight are probably rude in other ways as well.

I have too many frigging passwords to keep track of them, and writing them all down on a single sheet of paper kind of defeats the purpose of having passwords.

This year I may actually read about thirty books, which isn't too bad considering all we've been doing this year.

Having a contest involving a photograph and then having the photographer win the contest is shady at best, dirty pool at worst.

Our bulldogs are the best pets ever.

Why I stayed up to watch the finish of that ballgame when I don't even care about football I'll never know.

A pistol or a rifle for my first firearm is an interesting question.

I'm sure glad I no longer have Illinois license plates on my car.

This is just so wrong on so many different levels:  http://chicksontheright.com/posts/item/24924-run-a-stop-sign-get-ready-to-be-anally-violated

Wet noodles are the equivalent of cooked eggs for me without the awful smell.

I'm still waiting for Jesse and Al to speak out against all the black-on-white violence that's occurred since the George Zimmerman verdict.

I think those people who grew up playing music or speaking foreign languages have a leg up on the rest of us.

It's still funny to me that someone tried to surreptitiously take my photograph at the family reunion.

Anyone who invites me to talk about the Troubles is inviting a very animated lecture.

There is nothing that could induce me to enter politics.

I've never understood the concept of hazing on any level.

Sports talk radio really does prove Plato's point about democracy.

Is the president now a liar?

There is no way I'd film a sex tape.  Nothing good can come from it.  Well, you know what I mean.

I prefer an ergonomic keyboard.  It takes me longer to type on the standard keyboard.

I'm glad I stopped drinking diet drinks.

Giving a massage is one thing, but I don't have any interest in getting one.

How do they put anchovies in a tin?

I have a unicorn hair.

Fruit in beer is just...repugnant.

One of these days I'm going to read The Federalist Papers.  No, really, I am.

It just hit me I'm never going to have Salerno's pizza again.  O' well.

If someone had told me five years ago I'd be taking glucosamine, I'd have laughed at them.  Now I take it all the time and although I don't know how, it does lessen the aches and pains.

I wonder what ever happened to that bus driver from Soria with whom I chatted in Avila.

For that matter, I wonder how José Luis and Luis are doing.

I'd love to drum, but I doubt I'd be any good at it.

(c) 2013 The Truxton Spangler Chronicles






No comments:

Post a Comment