Wednesday, July 24, 2013

New beginnings

This will be short.  This is the last blog post I'll ever make from this house.

Today I drove a rough total of nearly five hundred and twenty-nine miles.  I had to bring the boys to their new home and then Karen and I drove to our first home together, from which we are moving on Friday.  Tomorrow we pack the truck and take care of odds and ends, and thus will end the story of the first home we owned together.

It's a lovely house.  Karen's done a great job decorating it and keeping me from ruining it.  She takes great pride in the house and rightly so.  She'll miss it horribly.

I'll miss the first house we ever owned together.  I'll miss a couple of the neighbors, but that's it.  I will  not miss Stepford, USA.

The next couple of days will be hard, so I'll be out of touch.

(c) 2013 The Truxton Spangler Chronicles

No comments:

Post a Comment