Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Random thoughts, a continuation

For want of anything substantive, today's post will be random thoughts about celebrities and their doings.  As always, the views expressed here are solely mine and mine alone and have not been influenced by anyone or anything other than the celebrities themselves:

Justin Timberlake is a fabulously gifted performer as a dancer and an actor, but I think he sings like a girl.

Likewise, Taylor Swift is a gifted songwriter and can even act.  But she can't sing worth a lick.

Omarosa is simply a conceited nutjob.

Alec Baldwin is simply annoying.

For that matter, I never got into the show 30 Rock despite the fact I like Tina Fey. 

Do people really find Jay Leno that funny anymore anyway?

I wish I had watched The Wire.

Mad Men is something I could never get into for whatever reason.

I don't get awards shows. 

Why is How I Met Your Mother so popular?

I enjoy watching The Following despite some of the 24-like incredulity inducement (how on earth was this fringe group able to penetrate so many government agencies so covertly???), but I have to agree with Karen:  Can this show last more than two seasons at most?

Whatever the shortcomings of The Following, Kevin Bacon is as solid an actor as there is.

Isn't it time for people to catch on about Kim Kardashian?  And what was she thinking sleeping with Kanye West of all people?  There wasn't a better black man available than Kanye West???

What in heaven's name were Stevie Wonder and Pitbull doing on the ACM's the other night?  Since when do they have any interest or connection to country music?  Was it their idea, their agents' ideas or country music's?  And while we're at it, when was the last time major country stars were prominently displayed as performers at award shows for other genres of music?

Who's worse (and death is not an option):  Lindsay Lohan or her parents?

Amy Poehler's brand of humor escapes me more than I get it.

I'm glad Melissa McCarthy's found success.

I'm amused by all the formerly hardcore rappers with their pseudo-gangster and anti-establishment personas who have gone mainstream now:  Kanye West, Ice-T, Jay-Z, Queen Latifah, Dr. Dre...have they lost their street cred now?

Taylor Swift really needs to reassess this boyfriend bashing music.  Pretty soon no one will even touch her with anyone else's ten foot pole.

John Mayer has a problem.  And his music isn't even that good anymore.

I don't find Jimmy Kimmel that funny, but he's way funnier than Conan O'Brien ever was.

I miss the days of St. Elsewhere.  Every other medical drama pales by comparison.

Ashley Judd, for as beautiful as she is, is so full of herself.  Then again, the whole family has a monopoly on self-righteousness.

I wish I had the nonchalance of Anthony Bourdain.  He just doesn't give a %$#&.

Speaking of celebrity chefs, revoke Gordon Ramsey's visa already.  Please.

The people on these entertainment magazines are so breathless and unctuous about everything I wonder how they ever emote in real life.

(c) 2013 The Truxton Spangler Chronicles



No comments:

Post a Comment