Sunday, October 28, 2012

10.28.12

Today is the anniversary of the day I met the love of my life.  Our path was a twisted and tortured one, not one that met with the approval of many people.  Some have judged us, others have reviled us.  What matters to us is that we're together, finally.

Karen is to me the most wonderful woman in the world.  She is intelligence, confidence, beauty, grace and so many other wonderful things.  She is my partner, my lover, my friend, my cohort, my better half, my sweetheart, the darling of my heart.  I am the most fortunate of men.

I knew from the moment I heard her voice that I had to be with her.  There's a vibrance lacking in other people.  She is kind and considerate and thoughtful, yet snarky and sassy all rolled into one.  There is never a dull moment with her, yet every moment is one to be savored as one would savor a taste of fine wine.

By no means am I suggesting that we meet eye to eye on every little thing and have no arguments; far from it.  But we've learned from our mistakes and work to make our relationship stronger every day.  I come to appreciate new things about my girl all the time.

She has inexhaustible patience and supports me unconditionally.  She has rolled with so many punches Job should give up his aphoristic title.  She bears so many burdens with a smile that people would be hard-pressed to know that she suffers from anything.  She always has a kind word for everyone and goes out of her way to tell them so that she makes them feel better.  She is, simply, the best person I will ever know.

I love her from the deepest depths of my being.  I love her with all that I am.  I have loved her since before I was born and I will love her beyond the end of time.

Happy anniversary, sweetheart.

(c) 2012 The Truxton Spangler Chronicles

1 comment: