Monday, October 15, 2012

Foods

Taste is, of course, subjective.  What one person likes another may not. 

There are two things about food that I'm adamant about.  The first is blueberries.  Blueberries are my favorite fruit.  There is virtually nothing that contains blueberries that I don't like.  Muffins, ice cream, cereal, milkshakes -- short of putting them together with meat, I love blueberries.  Why there aren't more foods containing blueberries escapes me.

A few years ago, the local Costco offered large clamshell packages of blueberries at a more than reasonable price.  I bought about a half dozen of them and ate them like peanuts. 

Imagine my joy to learn that besides being tasty, they're good for you.  Moderation be damned.

On the other side of the healthy eating coin is the other of my food passions -- pizza.  I'm a thin crust person myself, although I've been known to eat some of the other varieties of pizza when necessary.  No matter what the style, the one thing that needs to be on a pizza is pepperoni.  Without pepperoni, pizza isn't pizza.  In a pinch, I can subsist on sausage pizza, but only if the sausage is spicy. 

Whatever kind of pizza it is, forget things like pineapple and anchovies.  I don't know what heretic thought about putting those things on pizza, but those creations don't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as pizza. 

(c) 2012 The Truxton Spangler Chronicles

No comments:

Post a Comment