Friday, February 27, 2015

Friday Musings

I'm too frustrated with the administration to think much today, so I'm punting the blogpost today and just engaging in reverie:

--  We were at Home Depot the other day, and Karen needed to use the restroom.  While I was waiting out in the hallway, I noticed a sign that read:    Have a question?  Call Home Depot at 1.800.HOMEDEPOT.  Just how would one dial that number?

--  I awoke to some raging online controversy about a dress's color.  It was even on ESPN, for crying out loud.  I just shake my head.

--  So Rahm Emanuel is in a runoff election with an immigrant from Durango, Mexico, named Chuy. The election isn't for six weeks, but I could really use a laugh.  I don't think this is exactly what the POTUS had in mind the other day when he gave that interview about diversity.

--  Why is it every time the White House spokesperson answers a question he sounds like one of those beauty pageant contestants fumbling for the right answer?

--  And I thought I was allergic to cats.

--  Pendleton mugs are just the best vessels for hot tea or chocolate.

--  Although I took a typing course in high school (thanks, Mom) and can type reasonably well, I cannot reach the numbers line at all.

--  When we were growing up, television shows would last around twenty-two episodes and run straight through the season.  Nowadays, they take breaks in the middle of the season for no good reason.  It makes keeping up with the shows more difficult.

--  No matter what the enticement, autobiographies or biographies about people younger than forty years of age are really a waste of time.

--  Last winter it was snow, this winter it's cold.

--  Online job applications are a mixed bag.  But one would think that a group that caters to the older set wouldn't have a mystifying online application process and no human available to troubleshoot problems.

--  Outside the entertainment shows, is there a bigger attention whore on television than Jedediah Bila?

--  Leonard Nimoy died today of COPD.  He was born in 1931.  He used to smoke and, just like Mom, he gave it up.  But Mom died in 1996 at age 64.  Nimoy was 83 at his death.

--  I can't believe I wouldn't eat grilled cheese sandwiches for so long.

--  The internet provides many moments for unintentional comedy, like when conservative groups announce breathlessly that someone somewhere has done something that will make Obama's head explode.  Um, I don't think so, but OK.

--  Just when Karen thought out measurable snow was over for the winter, we're forecast to have another two to three inches this Sunday.  I'll be in the driveway with my shovel and Ipod.

--  Listening to clips from the CPAC conference, it reminds me why I'm so thankful I lost the vote to become vice president of NHS at the end of our junior year in high school.  And we didn't even get to go to that Cubs' game the winner promised he'd take us to if people voted for him.

--  Giving bulldogs a bath isn't so much a matter of hygiene as it is one of wrestling.

--  Making beds and folding clothes are just not activities at which I excel.  Heck, I'm not even competent at them.

--  Just what is a Touré, anyway?

-- Why wasn't Chris Pratt cast as Chris Kyle instead of Bradley Cooper?  He looks much more like Mr. Kyle:




--  On a similar note, how many MSM outlets are reporting the Justice Department's announcement that there was no civil rights violation in the Trayvon Martin case?

(c) 2015 The Truxton Spangler Chronicles

No comments:

Post a Comment