Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Bests

I don't recall if I've ever done this, so if I have, please forgive me.  Everyone has a list of bests that they go to, so I thought I'd add mine:

Best pizza:  Probably Lou Malnati's or Pequod's in Chicago.

Best book:  It's unlikely to ever change, so The Count of Monte Cristo it is.

Best Year of My Life:  1984-85, when I lived in Spain.

Best Day of My Life (so far):  October 28, 2008

Best Game I Ever Saw In Person:  Illinois v. Arizona regional final, 2005

Best War Movie:  This is a tough call, because there are so many good ones from which to choose. If I'm only considering the battle scenes, then probably...We Were Heroes over Saving Private Ryan, only because there are more of them.  Ryan's are longer though.

Best Team On Which I Ever Played:  1974-1975 St. Patrick's grade school basketball team.

Best Movie I've Ever Seen:  The Quiet Man

Best MLB Ballpark I've Ever Attended:  Wrigley Field

Best Car I've Ever Driven:  Dodge Charger

Best Judge Before Whom I've Ever Appeared:  John H. Squires

Best Vocalist (male):  Josh Groban

Best Vocalist (female):  Idina Menzel

Best Country I've Visited:  Spain

Best State I've Visited:  Michigan

Best Board Game:  Chess

Best Card Game:  Uno

Best Book in Spanish:  La sombra del viento

Best Big City in America:  Chicago

Best Chair:  Rocking Chair

Best Fast Food Restaurant:  Red Robin

Best Salad:  Executive Salad at The Italian Village in Chicago narrowly over the Cobb salad at Tomato Brothers in Howell, Michigan

Best Italian Dish:  Cappellini ali oli.

Best Fruit:  Blueberry

Best Color:  Green

Best Newscaster Ever:  David Brinkley 

Best Great Lake:  Lake Superior

Best Drive:  Through the Cumberland Gap

Best Beer:  Sam Adams (Guinness is a porter, not a beer)

Best Computer FPS:  Joint Operations Typhoon Rising

Best President:  Abraham Lincoln

Best Sitcom:  Modern Family

Best Television Drama:  Dexter

Best Painting:  Las meninas

Best Military Historian:  It's truly a toss-up between Peter Cozzens and Rick Atkinson

Best City in Spain;  San Sebastian

Best Ancient Ruin:  La Alhambra

Best Album:  Sarah McLachlan's Fumbling Towards Ecstasy

(c)  2015  The Truxton Spangler Chronicles

No comments:

Post a Comment