Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Tuesday Tidbits

I'm too wound up about the Jonathan Gruber comments and the attendant fallout to comment intelligibly, so instead I'm going to mail it in today:



--  Is it MEEM or MEE MEE?  What exactly is a Meme anyway?  Do I need one?  Do I want one?  Can I exist without one?  Is it dangerous?

--  It was quite interesting to see someone whip around to get a parking spot that I was waiting for with my turn signal activated, indicating I was going to take the spot.  It was more interesting watching the couple sit in their car and not get out as I parked my car immediately behind theirs.

--  Chess fever.  Catch it.

--  Lentil and andouille sausage soup.  Why didn't I think of this sooner?

--  Everyone's complaining about the early snap of cold weather we're getting.  I say bring it on.

--  Our cat Bupkes is more dog than cat.

--  Kate Upton is not all that good looking. She has a huge pair of breasts.  That's the attraction, not timeless beauty.

--  If one is going to try to explain health care coverage, try not to be less interesting than the already insipidly boring topic itself.

--  Watching and listening to Democrats try to distance themselves from and disavow Jonathan Gruber is highly entertaining, but it raises a fundamental question:  Can anyone believe anything a Democrat says?

--  It's interesting that the ISIS murderers won't reveal their faces on their snuff films when an American is beheaded, but when Syrian soldiers are similarly murdered, their faces are there for the world to see.

--  I still don't get NASCAR, and I never will.

--  My Chinese student has a Kid 'n Play haircut.  Just try to visualize that one.  Now try to visualize my Chinese student with the Kid 'n Play haircut trying to learn Spanish and you know part of why I enjoy teaching so much.

--  A student of mine spelled Highness as Hinest.  That's American education at its finest.

--  Jeff Allen is one funny comedian.  He could teach some of the filthier comedians a thing or two about being funny without using profanity.

--  I can't use laptop computers.  I just can't.

--  Another wacko young woman wants to marry a convicted murderer.  Charles Manson is such a catch.

--  John Feinstein may be an egotistical schmuck, but that man can write about sports.

--  Does it surprise anyone that the MSM is not reporting the Jonathan Gruber mess?  Doesn't that confirm it's complicit in the cover-up that's been a large part of the Obama administration?

--  Speaking of which, I'm going to be very interested to read Sharyl Attkisson's book Stonewalled.

--  It's sad that blueberries aren't in season.

--  The Hot Stove League has begun in earnest.

--  I got to see my Blackhawks in person the other night.  As is becoming routine for me, the wrong team won again when I attended the game.

--  Whither the Dixie Chicks?

--  The Senate vote on the Keystone pipeline is pure political cynicism.  More on that anon.

(c) 2014 The Truxton Spangler Chronicles

No comments:

Post a Comment