Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Random Observations

So many thoughts, so little time:

--  Eric Cantor was defeated because he took his constituency for granted, not because he's Jewish.  The funny thing is it's liberals who are raising the anti-Semitism charge.

-- I wonder if Chuck Hagel saw that his real title wasn't Secretary of Defense but Sacrificial Lamb.

--  Road work is a necessary evil, but it sure is a pain.

--  Cats are interesting creatures.

--  I'm currently reading four books at once.  I've already finished one this month.  Is there a Twelve Step program for bibliophiles?

--  We can't wait to move.  Only eight more days until the closing.

--  Facebook is the ultimate social petri dish.

--  Reading comprehension in this country is at an all-time low.  And I'm not referring to young people but those of my own generation.

--  Karen and I are going to try to attend a couple of minor league games this summer.  Big league games are too expensive.

--  I'm only 168 points away from five more free books.  Woot.

--  I've said it once and I'll say it again:  I love inclement weather.

--  I see a game of HORSE in my immediate future.

--  Has any other president sidestepped responsibility or knowledge of so many issues that took place in his administration?

--  I think I need to have a beer this weekend.

--  Hollywood has been awfully quiet politically of late.  I wonder why?

-- No, I won't be buying or reading Cankle's book.  How can anyone seriously consider her for president?

--  Illegal immigration has to be stopped -- now.  It's beyond ridiculous.

--  Treatment of veterans is better than it was during and after Vietnam, but it still needs improved.

--  Online commentary to letters to the editor is very instructive.  There are thoughtful people around, but they wisely steer clear of such fora.

--  Cleaning is in my immediate future, but I'm not nearly as excited about that as I am the game of HORSE.

--  Although I'm not a fan of late nights, I love the painting Nighthawks by Edward Hopper.



-- Considering how they share a talent for saying stupid things and resemble each other not just a little, I wonder if E. Gordon Gee, the former president of Ohio State University, and Senator Harry Reid were separated at birth.  You decide:


                                                                     E. Gordon Gee


                                                                       Harry Reid

--  This Independence Day holiday is going to be a working holiday.

--  I think tonight calls for some limeade.

--  I can't decide who the conservative candidate for president should be in 2016.

(c) 2014 The Truxton Spangler Chronicles

No comments:

Post a Comment