Monday, February 3, 2014

Things Few People Know About Me

It's Monday.  My girl's home from work today, sick.  The Super Bowl, of which I may have watched five minutes of playtime, was yesterday.  I had more fun playing laser tag with Karen and her grandbabies.

I was going to do a post on something serious, but I just don't have it in me today.  So here's a random list of things very few people know about me.

I have never been to a strip club or a bachelor party.

I've never seen the movie E.T.

One year, I read seventy-nine books.

The fastest I've ever ridden on a bicycle when not going down a hill was thirty-eight miles an hour.

I have two Hoberman spheres in my office.

I always leave the meat on my dish for last, as it's usually the best part of the meal.

I put on both my socks before I put on my shoes.

I've never had a speeding ticket.

I have bottles of poitín and aquavit.

I attended each of my three schools without first visiting the campus.

I knew a survivor from Dachau.

I've read Don Quijote in Spanish.

I've never seen the Pacific Ocean.

I've been to Canada, Spain, Ireland, Portugal, France and Italy.

I took up golf at age thirty-seven and haven't played in the last five years.

My Mom gave me two middle names because she didn't get one at birth.  She also named me after a friend of hers, a priest.

I love the smell of coffee, but I can't drink it.

My favorite color is green, the one I don't like most is either pink or orange.

I never dated an Asian woman.

I've never smoked anything.

I'm horrible at Scrabble and Monopoly, but pretty good at Risk.

I have no interest in traveling in the Far East.

I had a job during college where I learned to put in streets, sidewalks and sewers.

I can't skate.

I once spent the night in a phone booth, and I wasn't stuck or drunk.

I snuck into a five star hotel on the Mediterranean.

I've seen professional sporting events in thirteen different venues.

I once met an actress whom I'd already seen naked in a movie.

I've never ridden on a motorcycle.

In high school, I had a job glazing donuts.

I've never caught a fish.

I enjoy real wrestling, not the fake pro wrestling.

(c) 2014 The Truxton Spangler Chronicles

No comments:

Post a Comment