Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Things I've Been Pondering

Since my recent surgery, I've had a lot of down time with nothing to do but read and watch television. With a return to work on the horizon, and therapy on top of that, things will get back to normal soon.

In the meantime, I've been doing a lot of thinking about random things and thought I'd lay out my ponderings:

--  What in the name of all that is holy is Marie Harf doing at Fox News?  Was Jen Psaki unvailable or too expensive?  These two were the female equivalents of Jay Carney and Josh Earnest during the Obama adminstration.

--  Is Maxine Waters the most embarrassing representative in Congress?  How does her district not elect someone with functioning grey matter?

--  I love shows based in Alaska -- The Last Alaskans, Yukon Men and Mountain Men (OK, it's not only based in Alaska, but at least two of the regulars are).  I'd like to think that I could live that way, but could I?  Not at my advanced age, perhaps, but if I'd started out in my twenties, could I have done it?

--  What is it going to take for Leftists to realize that all this palaver about loving Islamofascists will put an end to their jihad is useless?

--  Since when did it become not only fashionable but acceptable to say or do despicable things about the President?  Granted, criticizing the POTUS is always acceptable.  And President Trump provides enough fodder for his opponents.  But the commentary coming from the Left is downright despicable.

--  Some Euro politicians are getting full of themselves.  Whether it's Mayor Khan of London or the new guy, Macron, in France, their rhetoric is unbelievable.  Perhaps they're just in line with the Leftists here...

--  Does anyone listen anymore?  The whole thing about the Paris Climate Treaty is crazy.  If anyone took the time to read the restrictions it places on the US and the lack of restrictions it puts on the biggest polluters, he'd realize that treaty as presently constituted is no good for our country.

--  Does television in the summer get dumber, or am I forgetting what it used to be like?

--  What amazes me is that although people claim to like me, they rarely if ever reach out to me.  I can count two people -- one of whom is my brother -- who regularly seek me out to check on me, although I typically do so on a biweekly basis at worst.  I think it's time to give people a good lettin' alone, as our Mother used to say, and see what reactions, if any, that generates.

--  With all the attacks being made by Islamofascists with bombs, knives and cars, where are the gun control nuts?

--  Why is it that on highways, the work in the right lane leads to virtually corduroy roads where it's like driving over successive rumble strips?  Why does this never happen in the other lanes?

--  When people go to work for defense contractors, do they understand that they have to leave their politics at home?  They're essentially contractors working for the government.  This notion that their First Amendment rights and political affiliations allow them to disclose classified materials is ludicrous.

--  Is there a more loveable dog breed than the bulldog?

--  Why is it that the movies are overrun with zombies, vampires and cartoon characters?  Where are the Islamofascists that are terrorizing the globe?  Why is it that Hollywood, who can claim to see a fascist in the White House, is unwilling or unable to see the real fascists who are trying to take over the world?  Don't they know that if they succeed, the kinds of movies Hollywood revels in will be consigned to the dust bin of history?

(c) 2017 The Truxton Spangler Chronicles

No comments:

Post a Comment