Friday, April 28, 2017

Random Facts About Truxton Spangler

The anonymity of the internet means many things to different people, or different things to many people.  For professional reasons, and not because I'm advocating the overthrow of the government, I prefer to maintain my privacy.  If anyone wanted to challenge something I've written in person, I'd be open to that, provided there were safeguards in place. 

Still, I think the few souls that actually follow me are entitled to learn something about me, even if what I have to disclose is either silly or insignificant.  Some of what I'll post below I may even have let slip in other blogposts.  So be it. 

--  I am not affiliated with any political party.  I am a Marxist:  I'd never join a club that would have me as a member.

--  If I weren't an attorney, my dream job would be the head coach of the U.S. men's Olympic basketball team.  For life.

--  If I weren't practicing in this particular field of the law, I'd love to be an intellectual property or constitutional law attorney.

--  I have a unicorn hair.  You'd have to see it to understand.  My hairline is about an inch beyond where this one hair continues to grow in the upper middle of my forehead.  It's weird.

--  I prefer mountains to beaches.  My perfect beach is secluded, down below high ground.

--  One time in Chicago, on the lakefront, I was able to ride my bike up to 36 mph.

--  I own two Hoberman spheres.  I don't know why, but they fascinate me.

--  Karen would tell you otherwise, but I can't do laundry.  I mean, I try, but it's always done wrong.  She says it's because I don't want to do it. I say all the different settings and requirements for different clothing confuses the stuffing out of me.

--  Los Angeles holds no appeal for me.  Las Vegas holds even less appeal for me.

--  I enjoy Irish bulls.  And chiasmus.

--  As I've gotten older, it's gotten worse, but my handwriting is almost effeminate.

--  I can't think of a Pink Floyd song that I like.

--  Country pork ribs are my favorite ribs.

--  If it weren't for Bupkes, I'd have a game of Axis & Allies set up in the basement.  He'd view it as an invitation to play with pieces.

--  I prefer unsweetened tea.  Sweet tea is disgusting.  Peach or lemon iced tea isn't bad, though.

--  I don't like to use blue ink pens, and I prefer fine nibs to medium nibs on fountain pens.

-- I don't like much candy beyond chocolate, and even then, I'm not much into frou-frou chocolate.

-- If I could, I'd wear my hair really short.

--  The season I'm least fond of is summer.

-- Twenty-five more days....

(c) 2017 The Truxton Spangler Chronicles

No comments:

Post a Comment