Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Errant Thoughts

Despite Istanbul and the administration's ridiculous response thereto, I'm not going to address it today, preferring to wait until details come out that support my suspicions.

So in the meantime, here are some of my errant thoughts:

--  There are these things on Facebook where people my age post a picture of a dial telephone, or an early computer or some other antique and suggest that the image be shared if one used the item or know what it was for.  One thing that millenials and their ilk are missing out on is seeded watermelon.  Where have all the seeded watermelons gone?  Why have they gone away?  How do they grow watermelons without seeds?  How are watermelon seed spitting contests held now?

--  Weird Al is a genius. 

--  I've witnessed two drag races in traffic in the last month.  These weren't just simple over-the-speed-limit things.  These were people weaving in and out of traffic at niney-plus miles-per-hour.  I blame it all on the Fast and Furious franchise.

--  I've only been to a Hooters once in my life, never to a Twisted Kilt.  I don't see the attraction.  Really.

--  Every time the weatherman tells that our ninety-degree weather missed the record high by X number of degrees and that the record was set in 1880, I wonder where the term global warming came from.

--  Does Cankles think her new grandbaby can vote for her in November?

--  I just like the name Penobscot, no matter how patrician it sounds.

--  Why have fireworks for July 4 a week before?  What's the point?

--  I saw the following on foxenews.com:

              In keeping with [Leonardo] DiCaprio’s ecowarrior status, the island’s almost
         entirely powered by wind and solar energy, via three wind turbines and a 1.5-acre solar field.

Now, unless DiCaprio rowed or sailed to the Bahamas, how did his carbon footprint lessen?

--  It's amazing how a little thing like a new office printer makes work easier.

--  I found my bulldog mouse pad this morning, finally.

--  So I'm finally getting around to reading Moby Dick and it would appear to me that Herman Melville can be summed up in one word:  Wordy.  Egads.  I'm reading the Library of America version and am on page 970.  I still have 438 pages to go.  Pray for me.

-- Speaking of books I've never read, count 1984, Animal Farm, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, Catch-22, Roots, The Godfather and Gone with the Wind.

--  Last week a man named Ronald McDonald was shot at a Sonic restaurant in South Carolina.  I'm not making this up.  Really.

-- Yes, I called Sonic a restaurant.  Please forgive me.

--  John Kerry is feckless.  There's no other way to call it.

--  I will never understand the fascination with Andrea Tantaros.

--  Those who laugh at my musical tastes can bite me.

--  I'm not sure whether oven-roasted peanuts are better than salted peanuts or not.

--  What's with posting naked selfies?  For that matter, what's with selfies?

--  I'm completely baffled why anyone looks to entertainment celebrities for opinions or advice on anything.

(c) 2016 The Truxton Spangler Chronicles

No comments:

Post a Comment