Thursday, December 31, 2015

Year-End Review

This isn't so much a review of what happened this year as it is my thoughts about the year and some of its happenings.  The reviews here are those of the author alone.

--  I guess Rahm Emanuel finally confronted a crisis that he couldn't use to his advantage.  Pesky little thing having a cop mercilessly gun down an unarmed teenager, on camera, right before an embarrassing runoff election in a town thought to be his.  I can't wait for him to be anointed as Cankles' running mate.

--  I'm not sure which was a bigger waste of bandwith, printer's ink and airtime:  The unfortunate shooting by a dentist of a lion in Africa or the courageous transformation of former Olympic gold medal winning decathlete from a man to a...well, I'm not quite sure.

--  Using a riding lawn mower was more fun than I ever expected it to be.

--  Visiting Kentucky anytime of year is fun.

--  The President's policy toward ISIS was embarrassing in the extreme.  For someone who has the intellectual arrogance that he does, it's surprising he can't see the forest for the trees.

--  For that matter, why the POTUS persists in calling it ISIL is beyond me.  If he wants to be perfectly correct, it should be Daesh.

--  Continuing that theme, I'm interested to see what Anonymous has up its sleeve for next year.

--  I'm not necessarily comfortable voting for Donald Trump for president, but he's far less offensive to me than Cankles.

--  I can't deny it:  Practicing law is fun to me. 

--  My only regrets about getting married this year is that I didn't find Karen early enough in life to have a family with her and that Mom wasn't here to know her.

--  One of these days, it would be nice to see the western half of this country.

-- On that note, why would anyone willingly choose to live in California, given its ever-present threats of wildfires, mudslides, droughts, earthquakes, illegal immigrants, crazy Ninth Circuit rulings, Jerry Brown and Hollywood?

--  Chris Rock is irrelevant but hasn't gotten the memo.  He should have realized that after Grown Ups 2 was released.

-- No matter what year it is, New Year's Eve is nothing more than Amateur Night.

--  If a white actor had said something as provocative as Samuel L. Jackson recently did about the San Bernardino massacre, there would be boycotts nationally of the movies in which the actor appeared.

--  Likewise, I'm tired of liberal blacks tarring conservative blacks for being conservative.  Just like feminists, I thought the idea was to allow people -- blacks and women -- to think for themselves.

--  Books are the ideal Christmas gift for me.

--  Nothing is so fun and interesting as local radio during long car rides.

--  The quality of television shows back in the 1970's makes me cringe.

--  For the first time ever, I saw Rocky Horror Picture Show this year.  Other than seeing Susan Sarandon in her underwear before she became an obnoxiously outspoken political activist, I don't understand the attraction.

--  It was amazing to see brainless actresses stand up in support for Planned Parenthood descrying the attack on women's health when the wretched videos surfaced of Planned Parenthood executives showing negotiations for fetal body parts.

--  Seeing D.C. for the first time was interesting, but it didn't compare with being at Gettysburg.

--   The Black Lives Matter movement was hijacked by the likes of Al Sharpton and was just as quickly abandoned by them once it became apparent that the BLM movement had ulterior motives that had little to do with social justice.

--  That so many women are ready to vote for Cankles despite her obvious lack of achievements and ethics must make Susan B. Anthony spin in her grave.

--  The number of Arab immigrants in Europe is an invasion.

--  I'm almost done buying gun parts for my AR-15.  I need to win the lottery so I can buy another rifle and get enough ammunition.

--  People really need to learn how to drive in bad weather.  Or good weather for that matter.

--  College campuses have become about the most intolerant places in the country.

--  How the MSM keeps a straight face when it tries to sell itself as unbiased and impartial is beyond me.  Consequently, it represents the gravest threat to this country.

(c) 2015 The Truxton Spangler Chronicles

-- 

No comments:

Post a Comment