Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Random Entertainment

Lately, I've been pondering some things about general entertainment.  Since there are too many disparate thoughts for a single blogpost, I'm going to go with random entertainment musings:

-- Just what was Blondie rapping about in its song Rapture?  Were they on drugs when they wrote it?

--  It's interesting that an American rap artist who enjoys the freedom to express herself freely and dress in scanty clothing while she performs would lash out at the country and white people, many of whom probably pay a pretty good penny for her trash.

-- Tom Bergeron is probably the funniest, quickest and nicest host of any show on television.

-- On the flipside, Alex Trebek is annoying in the extreme, especially when it comes to pronouncing foreign words, most notably when they're French.

--  I'd heard the Rolling Stones' son Sympathy for the Devil for years, but it wasn't until recently that I actually listened to the words.  Interesting.

--  I wonder if this Paul McCartney dude's career has taken off now thanks to his collaboration with Kanye and Rihanna.

--  Horatio Saenz is an idiot.  For him to suggest that conservatism controlled Saturday Night Live at any point or even exerted superior control to ridicule liberal politicians much to his chagrin is laughable.

-- If I didn't watch Ultimate Survival on the National Geographic channel, I never would have known what a bublick was.  And even though I've now seen it, I still don't believe it.

-- It escapes me how anyone can determine who the best singer on The Voice is past a certain point. There are so many good singers it seems insane to me to try to pick out the best one.

-- Why on earth would women interested in a career in broadcast journalism shoot pin-up shots and have them displayed on the internet?  If one is going into entertainment, perhaps, but what is it with these women on Fox News have Vargas-like pin-up photos in various stages of undress?  I thought they were paid for delivering and opining on the news.

--  Karen doesn't agree with me, but did The Following inspire any of ISIS' brutality?

--  For a crowd as socially conscious and allegedly cosmopolitan as is Hollywood, one would think that it would have learned to pronounce Alejandro Iñárritu's name by now.  Then again, if it never learned to pronounce the comparatively easier Oscar de la Renta's name properly, why would it learn to pronounce Iñárritu's?

--  Did Kevin Bacon make the egg industry wait to hire him as a pitch man, or did it never occur to the industry to approach him until now. Then again, why didn't the bacon industry approach him years ago, or did he reject their overtures?

--  For the life of me, I don't know why I like Grimm so much -- but I do.

--  Karen and I have heard a lot of jabs directed at Nickleback recently, but neither of us is in on the joke.  I'm not huge Nickleback fan, so what's the deal?

--  Since when was Bobbi Christina considered a singer?

--  Sadly, Lara Logan's back in the hospital due to complications arising from the savage sexual assault perpetrated on her a couple of years ago in Cairo.  I wonder if CBS feels bad at all for putting her on suspension awhile ago, knowing that perhaps she returned from the assault too quickly.

--  The View, The Talk, The Chew, The Five, Outnumbered, The Real.  One of these shows has no white people on it.  Can you guess which one?

--  I think Wicked Tuna jumped the tuna, um, shark, a season ago.

--  One has to admit that Titus Welliver is one heck of a name.

--  The Amazing Race is still one of the best reality game shows on television.  If nothing else, I get to see places that I'll never get to visit in person.

--  Piers Morgan, John Oliver, James Corden, Craig Ferguson, Hilary Farr -- did we lose the Revolutionary War?

(c) 2015 The Truxton Spangler Chronicles



No comments:

Post a Comment