Sunday, September 2, 2012

Random thoughts continue

Here are some random thoughts for a Labor Day Weekend.:

-- I was really rooting for MAD, but I'll take the outcome nevertheless.

-- The oldest of our three generals, Sherman, used to be preternaturally scared of the vacuum.  With the move to the new house, he has become an attack dog.  Now, as I vacuum the rug, he attacks the vacuum and tries to bite it while I'm using it.  But when I turn it off and put it in the corner, he leaves it alone.  Must be some weird bulldog macho thing.

-- Latinos who complain about us robbing them of their culture by forcing them to learn English shouldn't be making up words like frizar, brumar, parquear, lonchear and aplicar or changing the spelling of their names to Cháves or Servantez.

-- I cannot pronounce nor will I ever be able to pronounce Chiwetel Ejiofor's name but I can for some reason remember how to pronounce even though I can pronounce Djimon Hounsou's.  Go figure.

-- Alluding to the Amistad business, isn't it interesting that the Brits can apologize for African slavery but they can't bring themselves to apologize for the predations they carried out for nearly a century against their neighbors, the Irish?

-- Just how does one get a gig paying millions of dollars with no discernible talent and tagged with the goofiest name in town like Shia LaBeouf?

--  Political fever -- catch it now.

-- They did a great job adapting The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo to film, but I hope they can do justice to the rest of the trilogy.  The second book in the series, The Girl Who Played With Fire, has so much going on in it, though, that I wonder if making two movies out of it might not be a wise move.  Cynics, of course, would say it was a blatant money grab, but if you examine that and the third installment, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, you realize there's too much going on in those books to distil them into one movie each.

-- I love my alma mater, and I'm proud to be a graduate of it.  But the state in which it resides blows whale chunks.

--  The talent that artists have to compose music or paint or draw pictures amazes me.  I'm happy if I come up with an original thought once a year.

--  For some inexplicable reason, despite the fact that I'm not a big fan of pro football and absolutely abhor the Super Bowl, I'm participating in a fantasy football league this year.  Sports crappola perplexes my girl no matter what the subject, but fantasy drafts are just downright inane to her.

(c) 2012 The Truxton Spangler Chronicles

1 comment:

  1. While I don't understand the sports crappola, I do hope you somehow "snaked" yourself to success.

    ReplyDelete