Thursday, April 26, 2012

Rudeness and motility

I suppose I can be called a defensive driver.  There are those who think I'm too aggressive, but with only one moving violation in thirty-five years of driving, I disagree.  Moreoever, the one ticket I got was in a county where the sheriffs are latter-day Nazis, so that shouldn't really count.  Even so, I think I drive like Miss Daisy would have if Morgan Freeman hadn't been around.

It seems to me that people drive the way they walk.  If they're rude when they walk in crowded spaces, they'll drive rudely, too.  I've had people walk ahead in lines so they could get through the revolving doors faster; these same people probably fly ahead of people in line at exits or where there are construction zones. 

Rudeness knows no location, ethnicity or gender.  Apparently, it also knows no event, either.

(c) 2012 The Truxton Spangler Chronicles

No comments:

Post a Comment